\'Project Nature Watch\' in collaboration with WWF-India
22 Apr 2016
'Project Nature Watch' was launched on Earth Day (April 22,2016) at the WWF India Headquarters.
The launch was preceded by a round table to discuss and share insights on the program and mode of deployment as well as the competency of Ricoh India in the field of cameras & binoculars.
- Donation of over 200 monitoring equipments such as binoculars and underwater cameras to forest guards through WWF-India to support conservation of biodiversity
- Across states of India- Assam, Andhra Pradesh, Arunachal Pradesh, Chhatishgarh, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Kerala, Goa, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Lakshadweep island, Orrisa, Sikkim, West Bengal
This event was covered in major media- print, online and social, attached is a coverage report as shared by WWF-India in fora such as Economic Times, Times Of India, Tribune, Business Standard, DataQuest, IndiaToday etc., with some social media coverage.
EPEAT Registration- First company in the country for registering Imaging Equipment
05 Jun 2015
- A testimony to product stewardship approach of RID across the product lifecycle
- RID registration second to Ricoh in US
Ricoh India Ltd. is the first company in India to have its imaging equipment products meeting the environmental benchmarks established by the credible and stringent rating system of EPEAT (Electronic Product Environmental Assessment Tool).
EPEAT evaluates processes, practices and performance of a product across its entire "lifecycle" and rates its environmental efficiency throughout stages of product design, development, delivery, deployment and derivation from end-of-life.
For customers, this globally recognized comprehensive rating act as a determinant in procurement of environmentally preferable electronics and enables integration of sustainability into their operations by means of green sourcing, resource-efficient consumption and responsible management of e-waste.
Most Environment-friendly Brand of the Year 2016
10 Feb 2017
Thought Leadership at Economic Times Forum:: Product Stewardship
30 Sep 2016
Ricoh India invited by The Economic Times on a thoughtleadership forum on the role of product stewardship for sustainability. An article on the same was published in the national edition of Economic Times dated Sep 30, 2016.
Hitesh Sharma (CSR) represented Ricoh India on the panel of experts from various industries to deliberate upon the aspect of e-waste management and the shared responsibility of producers and consumers for environmenntal sustainability.
This is second feature of Ricoh India in this series of discussions happening around crucial role of product stewardship and the coming into effect (from October 1, 2016) of the new legislation on Ewaste Management in the country.The first article was published by ET on July 11, 2016.
Rated No.1 in E-Waste Management System
30 Nov 2015
- Ricoh India Ltd. rated as No. 1 in India amongst 52 renowned brands of Electronic & Electrical Equipment producers for its e-Waste management system
- Independent assessment conducted by SME organisation- ToxicsLink in Nov 2015
Report can be downloaded at http://toxicslink.org/docs/Time-to-Reboot-2-Full-report.pdf
Evangelizing Sustainability Principles in next-gen corporate leaders
15 Aug 2016
Realizing the crucial role of management education in shaping of corporate leaders of future, Ricoh India works with premier management institutions and its faculty to co-create learning and educate students on the principles of responsible and inclusive business to enable a sustainable ecosystem.
1. Guest Faculty at Xavier's Institute of Management (Bhubaneshwar)
Organised at Auditorium-XIMB on Aug 13, 2016
As a guest faculty to the institution, Hitesh Sharma (CSR), conducted a session on the subject of 'Inclusive Business' for the combined batch of first year & second year MBA students. The session was well-received by nearly 400 students who attended the same.
2. ‘Inclusive India Forum’ organised by Harvard Business School Club and Xavier’s Institute of Management, Bhubaneshwar (22-23 Jan 2015) In this forum, RID got invited as a speaker on the panel to demonstrate the role of corporates in building an inclusive environment for community upliftment. It was well received by an elite audience comprising CxOs and Heads of reputed organisations, essentially the alumni of Harvard Business School and the faculty of premier institutions of management in India. On the following day of the event, a session on sustainability was conducted by Hitesh Sharma (RID-CSR & Environment) as a visiting faculty for the students of Executive MBA at XIMB. The class comprised of professionals from renowned corporates in India with a diverse industrial experience of over 6 years. Details at - http://www.ximb.ac.in/iif2016
3. ‘High-level RoundTable on Internal Carbon Pricing’ (14th March, 2016) organized by World Bank’s Carbon Pricing Leadership Coalition (CPLC)
4.United Nations PRME- 6th Asia Forum organised by Goa Institute of Management, Goa (26-28 Nov 2015) RID was invited on the panel to discuss the role of management education in building the competency on sustainability among the corporate leaders of future. The two-day forum saw a wide participation of faculty and leaders from premier management institutions of Asia (Japan, China, Malaysia, Singapore, Philippines) and corporates. For more details click here - http://www.gim.ac.in/prme/
5.International Conference on Sustainability Standards 2015 (Nov 18-20, New Delhi) RID was invited on the panel to discuss electronic stewardship and the role of sustainability standards in ensuring efficient and effective end-of-life management system. This conference saw a participation and partnership from organisations of global repute such as OECD, FSC, EPEAT, ISEAL, Social Accountability, UNGC, UNEP, and numerous governmental and corporate houses. To know more on the conference click here- http://sustainabilitystandards.in/